... Winter Storm Warning remains in effect until 5 PM MST
* locations include the cities of... Cortez... Dove Creek...
Mancos... Durango... Bayfield... Ignacio... Pagosa Springs.
* Timing... light to moderate snowfall will continue this morning
with a lull in the snowfall expected this afternoon. Snow then
picks back up tonight through Saturday morning.
* Snow accumulation... 5 to 10 inches with locally higher amounts
possible especially at higher elevations.
* Winds... southwest 5 to 15 mph with gusts up to 25 mph.
* Impacts... mountain roadways will become snow packed overnight
with winter driving conditions continuing through the weekend.
Visibilities will be reduced to under a half mile at times.
A Winter Storm Warning means significant amounts of snow are
expected or occurring. Strong winds and blowing snow are also
possible. This will make travel very hazardous or impossible.
Severe Weather Get Mobile & Email Alerts
Four Corners/Upper Dolores River Severe Watches & Warnings NOAA Weather Radio
Watches & Warnings
Winter Storm Warning
Issued: 7:02 AM MST Jan. 20, 2017 – National Weather Service