Statement as of 02:09 AM EST on Marts 07, 2014
... Wind Advisory in effect until midnight EST tonight...
The National Weather Service in Wakefield has issued a Wind
Advisory... which is in effect until midnight EST tonight.
* Areas affected: eastern Virginia... northeast North Carolina...
and the Virginia lower Eastern Shore.
* Hazards: strong wind gusts.
* Winds: north to northeast 30 to 35 mph with gusts up to 45 mph.
* Timing: strong wind gusts of 40 to 45 mph early this morning
will diminish slightly by mid to late morning... and then
re-intensify this afternoon into this evening before subsiding.
* Impacts: strong wind gusts will cause hazardous driving
conditions... especially for high profile vehicles and large
trucks. Power outages are also possible due to falling tree
A Wind Advisory means that sustained winds of 35 mph or wind gusts
up to 45 mph are expected. Winds this strong can make driving
difficult... especially for high profile vehicles. Use extra caution.
Nearby Radar Stations