Wind Chill Advisory
Statement as of 03:27 PM EST on December 12, 2013
... Wind Chill Advisory in effect from 7 am to 7 PM EST Friday...
The National Weather Service in Burlington has issued a Wind
Chill Advisory... which is in effect from 7 am to 7 PM EST Friday.
* Locations... northern Adirondack Mountains in New York.
* Hazard types... bitterly cold wind chill values.
* Wind chill readings... as low as 20 below due to temperatures
3 below to 8 above zero... and winds northwest 10 to 20 mph with
gusts up to 30 mph.
* Timing... bitterly cold wind chill readings will develop on
* Impacts... these cold wind chill values could cause frostbite or
hypothermia within 30 minutes.
A Wind Chill Advisory means that very cold air and strong winds
will combine to generate low wind chills. This will result in
frostbite and lead to hypothermia if precautions are not taken.
If you must venture outdoors... make sure you wear a hat and
Please stay tuned to NOAA Weather Radio... your local media... or
go to www.Weather.Gov/Burlington for further updates on this
Nearby Radar Stations