... Winter Weather Advisory in effect from midnight tonight to
1 PM EST Monday...
The National Weather Service in Wakefield has issued a Winter
Weather Advisory... which is in effect from midnight tonight to 1
PM EST Monday.
* Areas affected: middle and lower penisula and interior
southeast Virginia and interior northeast North Carolina.
* Hazards: snow... sleet and freezing rain.
* Accumulations: around one inch of snow... trace of ice.
* Temperatures: lows tonight around 20. Highs late Monday around
* Timing: snow overspreading the area after midnight tonight... and
continuing into mid morning Monday. The snow is expected to
change to sleet and freezing rain late Monday morning... then
eventually rain for Monday afternoon and Monday evening.
* Impacts: hazardous travel due to snow and ice covered roads.
A Winter Weather Advisory means that periods of snow... sleet... or
freezing rain will cause travel difficulties. Be prepared for
slippery roads and limited visibilities... and use caution while
Severe Weather Get Mobile & Email Alerts
Gates Severe Watches & Warnings NOAA Weather Radio
Watches & Warnings
Winter Weather Advisory
Issued: 2:51 PM EST Feb. 14, 2016 – National Weather Service