...Red flag warning in effect from 9 am to 9 PM MDT Thursday for gusty winds and low humidity for fire zones 422 and 427...
The National Weather Service in Pocatello has issued a red flag warning...which is in effect from 9 am to 9 PM MDT Thursday. The Fire Weather Watch is no longer in effect.
* Affected area: in Idaho...fire zone 422 Sawtooth Range/northern sawtooth nf...fire zone 427 Goose Creek and Raft River Valley/southern sawtooth nf.
* Timing: Thursday morning through Thursday evening.
* Wind: increasing through the morning with gusts in excess of 25 to 30 mph by noon.
* Humidity: 7 to 14 percent.
* Impacts: the combination of gusty winds and low humidity will create critical fire weather conditions.
A red flag warning means that critical fire weather conditions are either occurring now...or will shortly. A combination of strong winds...low relative humidity...and warm temperatures can contribute to extreme fire behavior. Please advise the appropriate officials or fire crews in the field of the red flag warning for portions of southeast Idaho.