...Wind Advisory remains in effect from 11 am to 11 PM PDT Friday...
A Wind Advisory remains in effect from 11 am to 11 PM PDT Friday for the Kern County mountains and desert.
* Winds: west southwest 25 to 40 mph with gusts to 55 mph.
* Timing: the strongest winds are expected during the late afternoon and evening hours.
* Locations include: Highway 178 through and below Walker Pass...Highway 58 through and below Tehachapi Pass including the city of Mojave...Highway 14 and U.S. 395.
* Impacts: gusty winds may hamper driving ability...especially for high profile vehicles. Visibility may be reduced to 1/4 mile or less in areas of blowing dust with possible travel delays.
* For a detailed view of the hazard area...visit http://www.Wrh.NOAA.Gov/wrh/whv/?Wfo=hnx.
A Wind Advisory means that gusts of 45 mph or more are expected. Winds this strong can make driving difficult...especially for high profile vehicles. Use extra caution.