Northeastern Brooks Range
Winter Weather Advisory
Statement as of 11:21 PM AKST on December 09, 2013
... Winter Weather Advisory remains in effect until 6 am akst
A Winter Weather Advisory for snow and blowing snow remains in
effect until 6 am akst Tuesday.
* Blowing snow... will cause visibility of one half mile or less at
times in passes.
* Snow... up to 2 inches additional accumulation.
* Winds... north winds 15 to 30 mph in passes.
* Timing... conditions are expected to improve slowly during the
day Tuesday... but blowing snow will continue in passes through
* Impacts... visibility will be greatly reduced and snow will
accumulate into drifts. Whiteout conditions may occur. Travel
and outdoor activities will be difficult.
A Winter Weather Advisory means that one or more winter weather
hazards are expected to cause travel difficulties.
Statement as of 1:42 am AKST on December 10, 2013
... Record day for snowfall and precipitation in Barrow...
Barrow received record snowfall and precipitation yesterday
on the 9th with an estimated 3.9 inches of snowfall and 0.36
inches of melted precipitation. The records broken were 2.8
inches of snowfall set in 2011 and 0.13 inches of melted
precipitation recorded in 1967.
Nearby Radar Stations